In terms of acting, after the great Sivaji Ganesan, we were lucky to have Kamal Haasan taking up the lead when it comes to powerful acting. And over the years, he has not let us down with powerful storyline and acting (still remember this?).
Kamal Haasan is also a good singer when he wants to be and he takes the lead (again) with being the first actor (an “A” star actor that is) to sing for another actor (Mogan – another well name from the 1980s). This was back in the 1980s – after his hit “Sakalakalaa Vallavan” and for this, maestro Illayaraja gave Kamal one of the best compositions as well (rest assured it is in my collection). The fast & easy going tune has been in my mind for the past 2 weeks and it does not seem to be getting any boring even if I am humming the tune whilst I am doing up this post.
Original Tune (I could not find the original movie song scene)
And there is a remix version too (it sounds good too)
P.s. there is no clear sign of the next generation of actors who can produce, write, act and sing (an all rounder) as well as Kamal Haasan but let me tell you this upfront, Vijay is not one of those in the lead. He is a good actor but not in the same class as Kamal Haasan.
- Kamal Fans Waiting for Vishwaroopam 2 trailer (cinema24plus.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Ulaganayagan Kamal Hassan (tcrcindia.com)
- Kamal Hassan Birthday Special Gallery (meraneed.com)
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Kamal Haasan (beyondbyline.wordpress.com)
- Shotcuts: Kamal Haasan’s next (thehindu.com)
- Films should move from being good to edgy: Kamal Haasan (thehindu.com)
- We’ve slowed down: Kamal Haasan on competition with Rajinikanth (dnaindia.com)
- Kamal Haasan – The Pride of Indian Cinema – News (moviesfever2.wordpress.com)
- Film festivals are temples of learning: Kamal Haasan (thehindu.com)